News:

SMF - No News

Main Menu

Derby Preps ..

Started by De Troll, Mar 24, 2024, 07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

De Troll

...... watching the Louisiana Derby .. the winner "Catching Freedom" looked to be a "pick" for the 10f's of the KY Derby ..? Only issue would be if he comes from off the pace .. getting caught in the "scrum" behind front-runners of the/a 20 colt field ..  8)

...... fun getting back into the game .. :) 

De Troll

..... anyone think the Florida Derby .. looked a little odd ..? Timing was a little weird as well .. according to the official timer .. Fierceness ran the last 1/8 in a little over 13 seconds "walking" ..? 

De Troll

...... after watching the FL. D. several more times .. I'm still on the amazed side.. Winning by 13 lengths .. running a 13+ second final 1/8th .. almost walking ..? I'm struck by two things .. other colts in that race need not bother going to the KY Derby.. That Fierceness can run a 1.48.22 9f and little to now effort in a very fast final 1/8th walk .. not sure any of the other colts will give him a contest .. unless the timing of the FL. races is suspect ..?
   Three more 100 point preps to go on the 6th .. and the winners of the Ruby and Ark D. are not going to the KY. D. .. That appears it will make the KY. D. very interesting.. Wonder if Baffert has another colt that will run in the SA. D. .. if he does and it wins.. Will their be and asterisk by the winner the KY. D. ..? As a result of keeping Baffert's colts out ..?   

8)   

DJK

I wasn't able to watch live (Y'know, March Madness time) but I saw the replay and it was about as impressive as anything I've seen so far.  Got a few more preps to go, though.

De Troll

........ well the BIG Preps are done .. of yesterday's three preps .. I thought "Sierra Leone" looked the best.. So now unless the Connections of one of the Colts on the bubble .. needs the 20 points of the Lexington .. the preps are finished.. Usually there is one or two colts that dropout for some reason or other ..?

I know who I like .. but not sue if that would/will be my pick  8) 

DJK

I think it may be the cleverness of the name, but for the Oaks I keep looking at Just F Y I for the Oaks.

DJK

I sometimes think Frankie Dettori is a magician, so I guess that elevates Society Man.

DJK

Well, we've got post positions now. (Yeah, used to be Wednesday, but I think the city starts its festival a week earlier now, too.)  Sierra Leon might be in trouble...