News:

SMF - No News

Main Menu

Welcome To HorseBoard

Started by Administrator, Oct 01, 2023, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

De Troll

Tom ..

Have a question .. do you think the now large scale "Sports Wagering" is a dagger in the heart of Horse Racing structure ..? I've look at it .. and it seems like you have to wager higher values to cash for a "makes you smile amounts".. Something about your "team winning" and you lose because they don't make the "spread" .. is seriously off-putting ..?
    You still doing gigs ..?   

slewfan

Oh wow! Just on a whim I decided to check to see if this site still existed. For a while I thought it had disappeared. Nice to see some familiar names here....Hi StormyPeak, Horse's Rear, sweetwilliam! Hope you all remember me, the scientist and swimmer (still doing both!). Not much has changed, except that I'm thinking of retiring in the next few years. Having fun with my science, got a bunch of wonderful graduate students and generally enjoying my work.

Loving my swimming...the pandemic shutdowns in 2020 and 2021 affected our team's practices and cancelled all competitions. In March 2024, I went to my first meet in 8 years and swam a personal best in the 400 free! I've made a bunch of new friends on the team, and just this past weekend went on a crazy road trip that had us swimming in all 5 Great Lakes in one day!

Stormy, I remember Jaya and HaHa and they were very lucky to land with you. Sorry to hear your back pain is getting worse. Tom, I remember you moving from your "El Rancho" to Nebraska (has it been 8 years!)

Good to connect with this community again!

Sweetwilliam

Hi slewfan!  It's great to see you here and learn how you're doing.  So many things have changed and, at the same time, remained the same since the days Horseboard was at its prime.  It was great of Joe to resurrect this site.  Like you, I found it on a whim to search Horseboard after it was MIA for longer than I can recall.  Swimming in all 5 Great Lakes in one day on a road trip is crazy awesome!