News:

SMF - No News

Main Menu

Belmont

Started by DJK, May 30, 2024, 09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJK

I noticed that there's not Belmont at Aqueduct this weekend.  And there was a dearth of stakes for the holiday weekend.  Hauling everything to Saratoga, I assume, including tons of stake races.

DJK

Had hoped Thorpedo Anna would be in the Belmont, but, no.

De Troll

....... was just looking at the PP's (free at DRF)..

.. Sure seems like a lot of speed or near the lead types ..? Not a fan of one Trainer having 40% of the entries.. Makes me wonder if they are all in to win .. or some are there to "floor check" like in Hockey .. specially when one is a maiden ..?
 .. Then there is .. at the Belmont (not) going 12 furlongs (not).. Had a Triple Crown been on the line would it have had been "footnoted" ..? Chad's colt is likely to get a better trip so ......... or is Dan really "Mystic" ..?
 .. odd race for the "third Jewel" .. so I'm leaning towards the equally odd Maiden ..  8)   

DJK

That was an awful lot of racing to watch these past three days, with John wandering by wondering if the news was on.  Some time spent wishing I was there, but not possible.  And it seems NYRA has rebuilt the area under the grandstand.  The new Jim Dandy Bar looks lovely, but they've knocked down the bathroom I have used for years.  Guess there's a new, pretty one somewhere in the area.  Now THAT is the useful information we need, not that the bar is horseshoe shaped and has a great view.